Plastic Free noodles!!!!
Absolutely loving these silky soft brown rice noodles. They go a treat with this Vietnamese Pho.
Nourish, warmth with flavour 🌿
Recipe shared with me from @my.wholefood.hub
2 large onions
1 large knob of ginger
10 star anise
4 cinnamon quills
4 cardamom pods
1.5 tbsp coriander seed
1 whole chicken
2 litres water
2 tbsp rapadura
4 tbsp tamari
3 tbsp fish sauce
1. Toast Spices
2. Place whole chicken in pot cover with water and add all ingredients. ( we had roast chicken the night before and had left over chicken, so here placed the carcass and bones)
3. Bring to boil then simmer on low for 3-4 hours.
4. Remove whole chicken from stock take meat off and set aside. Save bones for stock later.
5. Strain flavoured stock, finely slice ginger and onion and add back to pot.
6. Taste to balance flavours- add more Tamari or fish sauce for flavour
7. Add vegetables to stock cook for further 20min. BokChoy, broccoli, carrot
8. Add rice noodles and egg to poach in the last 5 min.
9. Serve with chicken, fresh coriander, bean sprouts, chilli, hoisin sauce as desired