One of our all time favs!
When the pantry is stocked this is the easiest recipe to make a big batch to last for many brekkies. Much cheaper than most store bought granolas plus you can control how sweet you want it.
1. In a large baking tray add:
- 4 cups Oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup soaked raw nuts and seeds (pepitas, sunflower, sesame, chopped almonds/pecans...etc)
- 1 tsp spice ( cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice...)
- Pinch of salt
2. In a jar mix:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
3. Pour liquid over dry and mix
4. Bake for 40 min at 150 until golden, tossing a couple times or when looking a little too toasted
5. Take out to cool
6. Add 1/2 cup dried fruit ( cranberries, goji berries, incaberries )
*if you like clustery granola add your fruit to dry and wet and mix 2 egg whites in.
7. Bake for 45 at 140 and don’t toss, cool in oven then break apart.